Underlying DE for the Workstation product

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Mon Feb 3 15:35:41 UTC 2014

On 02/03/2014 03:23 PM, Christian Schaller wrote:
> I am generally negative to any such solutions as they tend to suck resources away from
> advancing something over to trying to keep multiple options sorta working together.
> Any solution one choose at any given point in time will have holes or missing functionality.
> I don't think the best solution is ever to start filling those gaps with complete alternate solutions,
> as they will just be bringing in their own set of holes and bugs and in the end you are not
> moving forward anymore, you are just jumping around trying to avoid regressing and trying to
> plug security issues.

Which would not be a problem if the workstation group defines an solid
criteria that is required to be meet before becoming a workstation product.

You must realize by Alex statements ( as well as the fact the several
alternatives of desktop environments exist in the first place ) that end
user will chose what *he* thinks what works best for him and his
workflow not what *we* think is best for him or what *we* think is
workflow is which in turns shows in the end of the day it's better for
us to provide a larger inventory of products since it will increase the
odds that the end user will find something *he* likes and *can use* for
*himself* with us.

JBG