Underlying DE for the Workstation product

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Mon Feb 3 16:35:04 UTC 2014

On 02/03/2014 04:08 PM, Alberto Ruiz wrote:
> However most people don't choose much. The OEM manufacturers chose for
> them, and eventually the only choice you can make is between a Mac and a
> Windows PC. They just want_a computer that works_, they don't care
> about what's in there as long as they can install the applications they
> care about and they can perform the tasks they need the computer for.

Yes and Gnome has *never* been and never will be the desktop environment
that can provide that role and neither have are we as a distribution
trying to chase down those users.

Gnome has been in beta state since RHL 5 constantly throwing half
implement half integrating application over the wall to see what sticks
so honestly I dont know what you are trying to get at here.

With the exception of the core/base layer Linux is about choice and
needs that choice to advance itself.

JBG