Underlying DE for the Workstation product

Gerald Henriksen ghenriks at gmail.com
Tue Feb 4 23:21:50 UTC 2014

On Tue, 04 Feb 2014 15:48:15 -0500, you wrote:

> The window of opportunity for Linux to get into the
>desktop workstation market in a serious way is closing fast.

There is no window of opportunity per say, and a hasty decision is
just as likely to be the wrong decision.

While it is guesswork, there is an opportunity for Fedora though it is
more of a long haul possibility.

It does appear that we are going to have a return of the "workstation"
style product as the mainstream market moves towards alternatives to
Windows.

Whether this market segment is dominated by Windows, Mac, or some form
of Linux is up in the air, but if Fedora wants in on this then a
compelling product needs to be produced, ideally by talking to the
people who need this segment of the market, and those who provide
software to it.