Comment about DE discussion summary

Luya Tshimbalanga luya at fedoraproject.org
Wed Feb 5 00:31:22 UTC 2014

Reading the summary, I would like to comments about the DE discussion.
Barring the long emotional argument about favourite DE to recommend, I
think the reminder is Fedora is all about
displaying new technology with GNOME as the default for distribution
while alternative will still be available. KDE still has its place
on section like ARM architectures where there is no standard in GPU.
Overall, it means there is two majors DE to focus.

What needs to work on is the solid foundation of the workstation part by
taking advantage of the immense work done by systemd and the adoption of
recommendation done by freedesktop.org. Documentation will need to play
crucial roles for developing applications (one of complains towards GTK3
compared to Qt).

I wait for the decision of Workstation Group. No matter the result,
let's keep improving the entire infrastructure within Fedora.

Luya