DE discussion summary

Dan Mashal dan.mashal at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 04:43:07 UTC 2014

On Mon, Feb 10, 2014 at 8:35 PM, Adam Williamson <awilliam at redhat.com> wrote:
> I think you're operating under a bit of a misconception. Yes, it's clear
> GNOME 3 is going to be the chosen desktop for the workstation product.
> But no-one's said anything about waving some kind of magic wand and
> getting rid of all the others.

No, I'm not under a misconception. I never thought that we were
getting rid of other DEs besides GNOME 3.

> Again, no-one's saying we aren't. The other desktops will still be in
> the Fedora package collection. The current direction of the spins
> discussion seems to indicate that spins, or at least alternative desktop
> live images, are also likely to continue to exist. This list is the list
> where the Workstation WG is talking about its product. It is not
> deciding the future of the entire project.

Yes, I know. I was simply replying to other people's thoughts.

Again, I was making some very important points which don't seem to be
really important to anyone in the WG. I was stating them just for the
purpose of stating them.

I had some things I was going to say about the product itself (which
quite honestly sounds like yet another GNOME fork), but I don't really
feel like now is the time to do that.

That is all.

Dan