The vision for the Fedora Workstation

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Tue Feb 11 10:31:46 UTC 2014

On Mon, Feb 10, 2014 at 09:48:08AM -0500, Christian Schaller wrote:
> 1. The name is not important here, we might as well have called the
> product working group the Desktop Working Group or the Client Working
> Group. The name workstation was chosen mostly to emphasize that technical
> users are of importance to us. So please do not get hung up on the name.

+1, as one of the people at Flock 2013 who came up with that name (I don't
remember who in specific... I know Peter Jones suggested "Fedora Client",
which is another interesting take). And there's no absolute reason that the
actual product be called that... the Working Group (in conjunction with
Fedora Marketing, I'd hope) could choose a snazzier product name if it's
agreed to be a good idea.