The vision for the Fedora Workstation

Bastien Nocera bnocera at redhat.com
Tue Feb 11 13:26:18 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----
> To be clear no bugs will be rejected, but the reality is that
> at least as far as Red Hat engineers are concerned most
> of their time is spent on RHEL bugs. The remaining time is then
> split between upstream feature development, upstream bug reports,
> fedora maintenance work and fedora bug reports.

That's not quite true, at least for me, and a lot of the desktop
developers at Red Hat.

We fix bugs upstream so they're not in Fedora, and we fix bugs in Fedora
so that they're not in RHEL. So the least amount of time we spend on
RHEL bugs means that the community/upstream versions are of better quality.

The RHEL bugs obviously do take precedence, but that doesn't mean it
is what we spend most of our time on.

Cheers