The vision for the Fedora Workstation

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 16:43:42 UTC 2014

On 02/11/2014 02:20 PM, Matthew Miller wrote:
> Unless Red Hat desktop team is interested in shifting some of its focus to
> Fedora itself. From what Christian says, I think that actually*is*  the case
> -- if Gnome is chosen as the Fedora Workstation desktop, that means more
> people given time to work on that specifically. Right?

Under no circumstance should we be doing that since we pride ourselves
of working with/for upstream and thus as an distribution we represent
"upstreaming" to extent in the linux ecosystem.

Here is a fallout [1] in Gnome for Red Hat/Fedora developers first and
foremost for not doing that.

JBG

1.
https://mail.gnome.org/archives/networkmanager-list/2014-February/msg00004.html