DE discussion summary

Alex GS alxgrtnstrngl at gmail.com
Wed Feb 12 04:22:07 UTC 2014

> Er, for the public record, apologies to Gerald - due to the flow of the
> conversation and a lack of morning coffee, I somehow had him confused
> with Alex GS.

For the record Christian Schaller's "Vision for the Fedora Workstation"
really cleared up a lot of items for me as I actually sat down and read it
in detail.  Fedora Workstation is not about NOW it's about the FUTURE. This
is about solving the very problems everyone including myself has NOW so
things are better in the FUTURE.  The default desktop is irrelevant because
when the Workstation WG says default desktop they mean the base of
technologies that will build their product. They don't mean GNOME 3 as it
is NOW because whatever GNOME desktop they really want is the one that will
be produced in the FUTURE specifically for the product.  Hope that
clarifies things.