The vision for the Fedora Workstation

Christian Schaller cschalle at redhat.com
Wed Feb 12 10:14:38 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----

It is not a contradiction, the difference here often is in the details.
To give an example. We want to enable the installation of alternative desktops
in the Software installer. We do this because we are looking at what we need
from a Fedora context.

If we set the priorities in a upstream, in this case GNOME context,
then this would never be a feature in the sense that from a 'GNOME'
point of view there is no value in being able to install another desktop.

Christian