The vision for the Fedora Workstation

Matthias Clasen mclasen at redhat.com
Wed Feb 12 11:48:05 UTC 2014

On Wed, 2014-02-12 at 11:28 +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
> On 02/12/2014 11:23 AM, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> > This is anything but an example of that, and it's certainly not a fallout.
>
> This is perfect sample of that.
>
> This is not a fallout between individuals or teams this is fallout from
> procedure/workflow between downstream <--> upstream

I really don't get it.

There was no fallout at all here. Different projects have different
schedules. The problem was discovered in an early development build (not
even beta), it was communicated (I talked about it in my announcement of
3.11.5), and solved.

This is successful cross-project upstream development, out in the open.
What more could you want ? Would you prefer if we come up with a
perfectly synchronized schedule behind closed doors, and only publish it
after the feature list has been settled, and workitems assigned ?