Drop nm-connection-editor?

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Thu Feb 13 20:04:11 UTC 2014

On Thu, 2014-02-13 at 21:02 +0100, drago01 wrote:

> > Now I'm thinking about this, IIRC anaconda depends on it, so even if you
> > remove the dep from GNOME itself, live installs will still have it
> > present after installation. You can remove anaconda post-install, but
> > most people don't.
>
> It probably should remove itself and other stuff like
> "livesys.service" after install.

It actually needs to be installed at least for first boot on non-GNOME
systems because the new initial-setup is based on anaconda and genuinely
depends on it. In theory we could safely remove it post-live install but
pre-first boot *only for GNOME*, but at that point things are getting a
bit special case-y.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey