Drop nm-connection-editor?

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Fri Feb 14 01:10:48 UTC 2014

On Thu, 2014-02-13 at 18:24 -0600, Michael Catanzaro wrote:
> On Thu, 2014-02-13 at 12:04 -0800, Adam Williamson wrote:
> > It actually needs to be installed at least for first boot on non-GNOME
> > systems because the new initial-setup is based on anaconda and
> > genuinely
> > depends on it. In theory we could safely remove it post-live install
> > but
> > pre-first boot *only for GNOME*, but at that point things are getting
> > bit special case-y.
>
> It's more than a bit odd that the installer is left on the system after
> it has been installed.

I think it's more or less just been the case that having it around
wasn't considered to cause any particular harm, and writing some code to
try and uninstall it is one more damn thing that can go wrong, and we
have enough of those already. Doesn't seem like a problem if someone
wants to implement it, though.

>  (And it's more than a bit odd that I get updates
> for it every so often. Really? Why?)

Some people do make respins of stable releases, and the anaconda team
occasionally sends out fixes for the more egregious bugs in a release I
guess so respins can benefit. There may be some other purpose, but I
don't know what. It's not for RHEL, RHEL has its own branch of anaconda
19.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey