[Proposal for vote] GNOME as default base of the Workstation Product

Christian Schaller cschalle at redhat.com
Fri Feb 14 14:50:56 UTC 2014

Voting +1

----- Original Message -----
From: "Josh Boyer" <jwboyer at fedoraproject.org>
To: "Discussions about development for the Fedora desktop" <desktop at lists.fedoraproject.org>
Sent: Friday, February 14, 2014 2:44:40 PM
Subject: [Proposal for vote] GNOME as default base of the Workstation Product

I'm calling for a vote on the default DE used as a base for the
Workstation Product.  The overall discussion seems to have played out,
so let's get things settled.  As the subject says, I'm proposing we
use GNOME as the default base of the product.  WG members have one
week from today to vote or counter-propose.  Missing votes after one
week will be counted as abstains.

PLEASE NOTE:  I believe the WG would really like to see KDE be a
release blocking alternative DE under the premise that we can work
together with the KDE team and get consensus on the technical aspects
of what Workstation should provide.  However, I did not want to put
two issues in the same vote before we've really had a chance to
discuss those technical aspects, so the proposal is only for the
default DE choice.  We will vote on alternative DEs at a later time.

Thanks!

josh