[Proposal for vote] GNOME as default base of the Workstation Product

Alberto Ruiz aruiz at redhat.com
Tue Feb 18 13:19:47 UTC 2014

On Tue, 2014-02-18 at 07:31 -0500, Alex GS wrote:
> May I make a request?  Due to legacy I think MATE because it's based
> on GNOME 2 should be included on that list.  That way you have all of
> the GNOME bases covered.

Alex, I appreciate your enthusiasm but I think for the "legacy" use case
GNOME 3 Classic Mode covers this. We would end up having a redundant
product if we ship both Classic Mode and MATE.

If you have specific ways in which Classic Mode can be improved, the
desktop team is happy to gather feedback and see if we can do something
about it.

--
Greetings,
Alberto Ruiz