technical spec for the workstation up for review

Bastien Nocera bnocera at redhat.com
Wed Feb 19 17:40:37 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----
> Hi,
> I ended up calling the firewalld maintainer to understand the state of things
> and there is this concept in firewalld called zones that we should be able to
> use to create a better user experience, yet at the same time keep the
> firewall
> working when people connect with their laptop at an internet cafe for
> instance.

Right. But firewalld can't a Fedora-only solution, otherwise no application developer
will want to integrate with it.

We'd also need designs based around that, and see if firewalld is indeed the right
technical solution.

Right now, we don't even know whether a firewall is required, or it's just a
work-around for applications that aren't integrated.