technical spec for the workstation up for review

Pete Travis lists at petetravis.com
Wed Feb 19 19:16:43 UTC 2014

On Feb 18, 2014 2:24 PM, "Matthias Clasen" <mclasen at redhat.com> wrote:

> I've spent quite a bit of time last week on this document:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Workstation/Technical_Specification
>
> It is not 100% complete, but I haven't found the time to get back to it
> since Friday, so I should probably open it up for a first round of
> review to the other WG member.
>
> Let me know what you think,
>
> Matthias
>
> --

I realize it's early days and process must come before product, but I was
hoping to find something here that would differentiate between the
Workstation Product and the current/default GNOME desktop offering.

In my imagination, the user was asked what sort of development they do, and
appropriate packages were installed and settings applied. For example,
vim/emacs with helpful plugins configured, IDEs deployed, compilers and
libraries installed, some tooling like devassist or even container
integration for testing.   Is this more roadmap territory?

--Pete