technical spec for the workstation up for review

Bill Nottingham notting at redhat.com
Thu Feb 20 00:10:38 UTC 2014

Matthias Clasen (mclasen at redhat.com) said:
> I've spent quite a bit of time last week on this document:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Workstation/Technical_Specification
>
> It is not 100% complete, but I haven't found the time to get back to it
> since Friday, so I should probably open it up for a first round of
> review to the other WG member.
>
> Let me know what you think,

What is the rationale for the full depsolved package list?
i.e., its it worth setting in stone that 'glusterfs-devel' is part of the
list, or is this list merely listing everything such that things like that
can be noted for further investigation? (In any case, please pipe the list
through sort(1)).

You call out gtk2 and gtk3 separately, but only one version of qt.
Intentional? Might be worth covering both 4 and 5.

There's a discussion there about the system installer. Do you feel that the
current live installer (modulo parititioning options) meets that criteria?
If the workstation's goal is to install 'the workstation', without package
selection or similar items, a live install would be more efficient than
pacakge-assembly install.

Bill