GNOME 3.12 In Fedora 20 or COPR: Call for volunteers

Alberto Ruiz aruiz at redhat.com
Fri Feb 21 09:10:15 UTC 2014

On Fri, 2014-02-21 at 08:56 +0000, Richard Hughes wrote:
> On 21 February 2014 08:50, Alberto Ruiz <aruiz at redhat.com> wrote:
> > In Ubuntu there is a "purge-ppa" command that removes all the packages
> > that came from that PPA and installed its "official" alternatives even
> > if they were older.
>
> Yes, you can certainly do the same using the yumdb; the issue is
> really if the newer software has done things like updating database
> tables to a new schema or moving the location of config files. It
> might be surprising to upgrade epiphany to 3.12, downgrade to 3.10 and
> not have access to your web history or favourites any more.

Sure, but at the end of the day, I would expect that someone dealing
with COPR (or PPAs for that matter) know up to some extend what they're
doing. Maybe we should add a warning if we provide such a tool saying
"we cannot guarantee that user data will still work properly".

--
Greetings,
Alberto Ruiz