technical spec for the workstation up for review

Matthew Garrett mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org
Fri Feb 21 15:11:42 UTC 2014

On Fri, Feb 21, 2014 at 10:00:16AM -0500, Christian Schaller wrote:
> Which upstream platform are you talking about here? The kernel? Because that is the only upstream platform I can think of that has
> the kind of marketshare that we could expect most linux software to adapt to it.

Isn't the point of this exercise that we're defining a platform that
applications can take advantage of? Obviously for the most part we're
doing that using code that applications already take advantage of, but
let's not view this as a situation where a lack of existing code means a
problem is unsolvable. If we don't want to force users to make a choice
between broken applications or potential security risks we don't really
have a choice in the matter.

Matthew Garrett | mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org