Filling the gaps in the spec: media

Matthew Garrett mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org
Fri Feb 21 21:48:51 UTC 2014

On Fri, Feb 21, 2014 at 04:24:12PM -0500, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> Trying with a new thread: One of the edits I did yesterday was to add a
> section for 'Installation methods and media'. So far, it is empty.
>
> Are there any ideas for doing something other than live USB sticks
> here ?

A Windows application that copies shim and grub to the EFI system
partition, adds an EFI boot option and then reboots into a live instance
loopback mounted from the Windows partition? To be fair, this is
problematic from the point of view of actually carrying out an install -
we can't really resize the partition we're running the OS from...

Matthew Garrett | mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org