Filling the gaps in the spec: media

Matthias Clasen mclasen at redhat.com
Fri Feb 21 23:56:00 UTC 2014

> The basic method of writing live media needs to be dd. We can do
> persistence by having a very small partition at the end of the image and
> having the writing tool (if it's something more sophisticated than dd)

Fwiw, I would be happy if the live image was much more focused on
getting your system installed. It should basically boot into the
installer, and perhaps offer you an escape hatch for trying it out
uninstalled for a while. If persitence is complicating things, I don't
think ditching would affect any of the workstation use cases.