default file system, was: Comparison to Workstation Technical Specification

Michael Cronenworth mike at cchtml.com
Wed Feb 26 15:30:06 UTC 2014

Josh Boyer wrote:
> Then we can use it as default?  I don't understand the question there really.

My question was prefacing my suggestion of the conversion tool.

> I agree switching from ext4 to XFS is likely not worthwhile.  I
> wouldn't in a million years advocate for people to convert an ext4 fs
> to btrfs though.  Back the data up, do a fresh install.

Is there a technical downside to using the conversion? It has been about a year
since I last used it but I cannot recall any conversion issues that myself or
others have had.

(I am not advocating the use of btrfs or btrfs-as-default here.)