PRDs/Tech Specs to formal Change Proposals and Change submission deadline

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Thu Feb 27 19:54:14 UTC 2014

On Thu, Feb 27, 2014 at 11:58:58AM +0100, Kalev Lember wrote:
> It can be hard to come up with Change proposals without knowing the F21
> schedule and how much time we have for implementing them. Is there any
> chance FESCo could come up with a tentative schedule first?
>
> For example, if F21 is going to be released in August, we'd propose
> GNOME 3.12 as a Change, but if it's going to be released in October /
> November, it would likely be GNOME 3.14 instead.

I personally would really like to get back on the Halloween / Mother's Day
schedule -- October and May. So that would tend towards me advising to go
for Gnome 3.14, if that's the kind of guidance you're looking for.

On the other hand, if a lot of people come back with proposals that really
benefit from an _earlier_ release, that might end up convincing us to push
the whole thing up.