[Proposal for Vote] Approve Draft 6 of the PRD

Josh Boyer jwboyer at fedoraproject.org
Wed Jan 15 18:09:23 UTC 2014

On Tue, Jan 14, 2014 at 1:16 PM, Lukáš Tinkl <ltinkl at redhat.com> wrote:
> Dne 14.1.2014 15:41, Matthew Garrett napsal(a):
>
>> On Tue, Jan 14, 2014 at 07:50:28AM -0500, Josh Boyer wrote:
>>>
>>> Per our governance I'm calling for an official vote on the sixth draft
>>> of the PRD that Christian has provided.  I've attached it again for
>>> reference.  WG members have one week from today to vote.  Missing
>>> votes after one week will be counted as abstains.
>>

>> This version still contains an explicit statement that the target
>> audience is made up of developers. I've explained why I think this is
>> damaging, and Christian obviously disagrees with me. However, I'm
>> disappointed to see very little feedback from any other members of the
>> working group.
>>

> I'd also very much like to see the target group (or use cases) broadened in
> a way to include content creators as well (think audio workstation, graphics
> workstation, webdesign, etc.). So far it only lists (very explicitly) one
> case for a student and 3 distinct sofware developer cases.

Is that something we could perhaps add later?  In that we focus on
what is there now, and then see what other use cases are already
covered or almost covered?  I don't think the PRD is something set in
stone, and I would think it will evolve over time.  Otherwise we risk
just repeating being stuck on something.

> Otherwise I agree with the listed plans and policies.

For the purposes of clarity and record keeping, is that a +1 vote?

josh