Board meeting discussing 3rd party repos

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Thu Jan 23 20:47:00 UTC 2014

On Thu, 2014-01-23 at 10:23 -0500, Josh Boyer wrote:

> > OK fair enough but can't this sensitive tickets (like legal ones) be
> > marked as private (not sure if trac allows that like you can do in
> > bugzilla) and leave
> > other ones like this one public?
>
> No.  Trac is horrible and doesn't let you do that.  This has been
> suggested already.  As Stephen pointed out, it might be worth looking
> again at upstream trac but that would still require a new rollout of
> trac before it could happen.

There are several trac plugins available for use on fedorahosted trac
instances - you might want to check if any of these would address the
problem. The set does get gradually expanded over time (I've had two
plugins added in the last year for the purpose of QA and Badges tracs,
for instance). I don't happen to know off the top of my head if any of
the plugins available would allow you to achieve the desired result, but
I wouldn't be surprised.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey