Fedora board vote and way forward

Christian Schaller cschalle at redhat.com
Fri Jan 24 10:39:56 UTC 2014

Yeah, for the installer it will be a bit hard to proceed atm,
but there are of course a lot of other aspects to the PRD we
can flesh out.

I will check with legal if there are any implications in turning the
software app into a application that searches the web for Fedora sofware
as opposed to a front-end to specific repositories. It could be a
work around as it lets the purist stay pure as we don't ship any data
pointing to anything non-free and at the same time it would make any software
available for Fedora easier to find. Hopefully it would be fine as the software
app at that point is essentially just a web browser tailored to search for software.

Christian