Fedora board vote and way forward

Josh Boyer jwboyer at fedoraproject.org
Fri Jan 24 12:22:38 UTC 2014

On Fri, Jan 24, 2014 at 5:54 AM, Christian Schaller <cschalle at redhat.com> wrote:
> My take away from the discussion so far is that the current board would not accept
> anything that 'automates' access to such external software. Doesn't matter if we ship
> the metadata on the ISO or not.

Correct.  It cannot know the location of where to grab external
metadata from, etc.

> The only thing that I can see flying with the current board is a system that is 'blind' to what it is offering, just like
> a web browser.

Fairly close, yes.  I think there was also an idea to perhaps make
metadata an explicit filetype so that if a user searches for "nvidia
linux driver" and lands on the nivida website, they can click a link
and PK (or similar) will know what to do.  That would also go for
other 3rd party repositories.  There is the bit about "informed
decision", so some messaging before it's installed might be necessary.

josh