Fedora board vote and way forward

Josh Boyer jwboyer at fedoraproject.org
Fri Jan 24 13:19:12 UTC 2014

On Fri, Jan 24, 2014 at 8:12 AM, Christian Schaller <cschalle at redhat.com> wrote:

> [...]

I was thinking software-center, not browser, but as you've pointed out
the difference between them in this specific instance is rather small.

> The way I see it is that once we have 'outsourced' access to 3rd party software to said
> 3rd parties and their websites it is no longer our business what messaging comes along
> with that software. It is not like we display warning messages today when you do 'yum update'
> from 3rd party repostories.

True.  And looking over the second item passed by the Board about
reducing technical barriers, I see that the "informed" part was
removed.  I had forgotten that, so my apologies.  It was a long
meeting.

josh