Fedora board vote and way forward

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Fri Jan 24 14:03:18 UTC 2014

On 24 January 2014 12:30, Josh Boyer <jwboyer at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> In short: no known locations/links/repo files to 3rd party software,
> informative messaging before allowing installation if a search is
> done. Hopefully that clears things up.

That's not clear at all. So if the user searches for "chrome" in the
software center, are we allowed to show them a link to the Google
Chrome website? If so, how do we know what the website URL is if we
can't store it somewhere?

This sounds more and more like installing non-free software is going
to be impossible unless some compromises are made.

Richard.