Fedora board vote and way forward

John Dulaney jdulaney at fedoraproject.org
Fri Jan 24 19:12:43 UTC 2014

Riddle me this:

If all you ever do is ignore the community you claim to be part of, then how are you
actually a part of the community?  It seems to me that ignoring the rest of the Fedora
community is not the way to be part of that community.

Seriously, who do you think you are to ignore the decisions of the governing bodies of
that community?  Such massive arrogance just baffles me; are you all seriously on such
and ego trip that you think that your way is the only way?

I admit that it confounds me as to why Fedora still considers Gnome to be a release
blocking desktop.  I am going to propose that as a feature of Fedora 21 that Gnome
be dropped as a release blocker and be replaced with xfce.  This move would also
dovetail nicely with ARM's status as a primary architecture, since the Gnome devs
don't see fit to even bother making their software work on ARM.

John.