So are we skipping a gnome release?

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Sat Jan 25 20:38:16 UTC 2014

On Sat, 2014-01-25 at 21:02 +0200, Elad Alfassa wrote:
> For the reference, here's the feature list
> https://wiki.gnome.org/ThreePointEleven/Features
>
> In addition to that from what I've seen in blogs there are more
> headerbar improvements, new gedit design, new nautilus design, and
> probably more things I forgot to mention or aren't there yet but might
> be added by the time it releases.
>

> The only "big" changes are Nautilus and gedit which might be a bit
> surprising for people because they are vastly different from what we
> have right now, but over-all I still think it should be an update in
> F20.

It would probably be best to run it by FESCo, I guess - I think
technically you'd need to do that to get an update policy exception
anyway. It would be good to handle it with care and relatively slowly,
but just 'losing' an entire release would kinda suck.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey