So are we skipping a gnome release?

Tadej Janež tadej.janez at tadej.hicsalta.si
Sat Jan 25 23:26:19 UTC 2014

On Sat, 2014-01-25 at 12:38 -0800, Adam Williamson wrote:

> It would probably be best to run it by FESCo, I guess - I think
> technically you'd need to do that to get an update policy exception
> anyway. It would be good to handle it with care and relatively slowly,
> but just 'losing' an entire release would kinda suck.

Another option would be to provide GNOME 3.12 in a COPR repository,
which would mean users have the choice to stick with 3.10 or upgrade to
3.12.
The downside would be more maintenance work for GNOME packagers since
they would need to support 3.10 in Fedora proper and they would probably
also want to provide bug fixes and updates to 3.12 in the COPR
repository.

Tadej