So are we skipping a gnome release?

Michael Catanzaro mcatanzaro at gnome.org
Sun Jan 26 00:44:59 UTC 2014

On Sat, 2014-01-25 at 15:54 -0800, Adam Williamson wrote:
> How tied-in is gedit? Could we keep it at 3.10 and bump everything
> else
> to 3.12, and maybe provide gedit 3.12 in a COPR for those who want it
> (if we don't go with the all-of-3.12 in a COPR plan)?

I'm not a gedit expert, but this seems like it should be easy as long as
you don't also update all the associated gedit-* packages. The plugins
API has changed, so 3.12 plugins may not work with 3.10 gedit and vice
versa.

(Personally, I'd like to see gedit updated too, but I understand it
might be best to not.)