Proposed generic release criterion: service manipulation

Adam Williamson adamwill at fedoraproject.org
Mon Jul 7 18:40:15 UTC 2014

On Mon, 2014-07-07 at 10:45 -0400, Miloslav Trmač wrote:
> [...]

No.

> Same question here.  I’ve never heard of an “initialization framework”
> before, I'd guess that’s the piece of code and conventions to
> run .ctors.  Just saying systemd would simplify things (though,
> perhaps s/must provide/must be controlled by/ ?)

As mitr (I think) understands, the criterion is intended to test
systemd. I said "initialization framework" because I have a pathological
attachment to generics, I guess. :P I meant it to be read as a generic
term for 'sysvinit, or systemd, or whatever we invent in five years to
replace systemd', so I don't have to rewrite the release criterion then.
If someone can think of a more commonly understood generic term, I'm
happy to substitute that. We *could* just say systemd, if everyone
promises to let me say "I told you so!" when someone notices in five
years it still says 'systemd' even though we all switched to openrc or
something. (har, har.)
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey