Workstation status and TODOs

Kalev Lember kalevlember at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 22:15:56 UTC 2014

On 04/29/2014 04:27 PM, Kalev Lember wrote:
> On 04/29/2014 03:08 PM, Christian Schaller wrote:
>>> 5) Installation and compose methods work with rel-eng  (live image
>>> default, but install tree necessary for compose.  PXE/netboot iso?
>>> etc)
>> Anyone who can take this on? Maybe Kalev?
>
> Sure, happy to take this on.

I quick update:

I talked to releng about this today and they would like to keep the PXE
and boot.iso to support network installs.

We also had a bit of back and forth about the old DVD installer [1] but
agreed on dropping it in the end. According to dgilmore, "dropping the
dvd before final should be fine" but it requires some pungi work to
actually not generate it.

This leaves the live image as the main Workstation deliverable.

--

[1] The "old DVD installer" here means the DVD image that supports
package selection, as opposed to a "live image" that copies the whole

--
Kalev