Fedora 21 Alpha validation test work

Matthias Clasen mclasen at redhat.com
Fri Jul 11 17:23:12 UTC 2014

Hey Adam,

I've looked over the workstation testcases quickly.

Some comments:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_desktop_updates talks about
yum and PackageKit - should it include dnf ?

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_desktop_panel_basic could
benefit from some outline of what desktop 'panel' elements we expect to
see. Sticking with the most common laptop case, I would mention network,
sound and battery status as expected

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_desktop_login seems to be a
bit of a misnomer; the test is really about keyboard layouts.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_audio_basic talks about
selection hw profiles. I really think that the expectation for 'common
hw' (ie your typical laptop) should be that sound works out of the box.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_desktop_updates same comment
as above - should this use dnf instead of yum ? I think it would be good
to make this testcase more specific wrt to the way offline updates are
integrated in the desktop now. Test that we notify (once per day) about
available updates. Test that the logout/poweroff dialog offers to
install pending updates. Test that we notify about successful and
unsuccessful offline updates, and show details.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_workstation_theming would
benefit from adding some mention of accessibility - we expect the
HighContrast theme to work and be of similar quality to the default
theme.

Things that would be good to capture in new testcases:

- Screen locking. Explicit locking via keyboard shortcut or menu should
work, as well as lock on idle. Screen blanking after lock is something
that frequently has issues. Can also test that inhibiting works (when
watching video in totem, or in the browser.