Removing Bloat from the next Live CD (Desktop)

quickbooks office quickbooks.office at gmail.com
Sun Jul 13 18:31:11 UTC 2014

PS> I Posted this to the devel mailing list a while back and was told
to post here instead;

---------------

Removing Bloat from the next Live CD (Desktop) :

I have noticed alot of packages are included in the Live CD which are
not really used by users who only speak English.

I think it really makes sense to split the Live CD into 2 versions.

The default version will be for English only.

The second Live CD (not the default) will be English + international
languages support.

=============

Here are the packages which I believe can be removed without any
adverse effects:

ibus
ibus-chewing
ibus-gtk2
ibus-gtk3
ibus-hangul
ibus-kkc
ibus-libpinyin
ibus-m17n
ibus-rawcode
ibus-setup
ibus-wayland

libchewing

libpinyin
libpinyin-data

opencc

lohit-assamese-fonts
lohit-bengali-fonts
lohit-devanagari-fonts
lohit-gujarati-fonts
lohit-kannada-fonts
lohit-malayalam-fonts
lohit-oriya-fonts
lohit-punjabi-fonts
lohit-tamil-fonts
lohit-telugu-fonts
jomolhari-fonts
vlgothic-fonts
cjkuni-uming-fonts
wqy-zenhei-fonts
thai-scalable-fonts-common
thai-scalable-waree-fonts
smc-fonts-common
smc-meera-fonts
sil-abyssinica-fonts
sil-mingzat-fonts
sil-nuosu-fonts
sil-padauk-fonts
nhn-nanum-fonts-common
nhn-nanum-gothic-fonts
paratype-pt-sans-fonts
google-noto-sans-lisu-fonts
google-noto-sans-mandaic-fonts
google-noto-sans-meeteimayek-fonts
google-noto-sans-tagalog-fonts
google-noto-sans-tai-tham-fonts
google-noto-sans-tai-viet-fonts
khmeros-base-fonts
lklug-fonts
paktype-naqsh-fonts
tabish-eeyek-fonts

If you know a package I may have missed above please let me know.

Thanks.