ABRT?

Christian Schaller cschalle at redhat.com
Tue Jul 15 09:50:27 UTC 2014

Well I don't think it is worthwhile chasing the abrt bugs through bugzilla,
regardless of which bugzilla it uses. The true value of abrt is the data
that is collected and can be viewed through: http://retrace.fedoraproject.org/faf/summary/

Because by looking at the 'problems' tab you will quite quickly see which crashers are hitting
a lot of your users and are the ones making the distro seem unstable.

Despite its shortcomings it is worthwhile to note that abrt catches between 5000 and 10 000 crashers
a day, even going up to almost 24 000 one day for f20. So I think it does provide enough data to help us
improve our quality. I know a lot of developers (and managers) are checking the retrace data regularly and use it
to prioritize which bugs are looked at first.

So instead of looking into dropping it we should if needed instead try to see if we can try to
help the ABRT team improve it further.

Christian