ABRT?

Michael Catanzaro mcatanzaro at gnome.org
Wed Jul 16 12:11:59 UTC 2014

On Wed, 2014-07-16 at 10:59 +0200, Jiri Eischmann wrote:
> ad 2) This is not slow at all. ureports are created and uploaded
> within
> seconds.

Thanks for bringing up the distinction here, by the way -- it's only
reporting to Bugzilla that is so horribly broken. (I'm with Elrad -- I
don't understand how people manage to complete the process nowadays.)
I've never had any problem with the automatic reports, which are
unobtrusive and always quick. The GUI claims that such crashes are "not
reported" even after ABRT displays a notification to say it has been
automatically reported, which is not OK, but that's a GUI problem.

What do you think about asking the ABRT devs to move the GUI to a
subpackage that we will not install by default, so the user never sees
anything besides notifications unless he installs the package manually?