NetworkManager captive portal detection by default in Workstation

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Wed Jul 30 13:53:10 UTC 2014

On Mon, 2014-07-28 at 14:34 +0200, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> On Sun, 2014-07-27 at 18:08 +0200, Elad Alfassa wrote:
> >
> > On Jul 27, 2014 5:36 PM, "drago01" <drago01 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Given that the captive portal stuff is all in gnome-shell instead of
> > > installing it explicitly can't we just make gnome-shell depend on
> > it?
> > > Or why would one want to uninstall it?
> > > --
> >
> > I don't think anyone would want to remove it, making gnome-shell
> > depend on it is the right way to do it, we should do that.
>
> Sounds great to me, fwiw.

I see we have a dep from NM-config-connectivity-fedora back to
NetworkManager, which isn't strictly necessary since the config package
is just a config file.  GNOME Shell obviously depends on
NetworkManager-glib, but we *explicitly* made that not depend on
NetworkManager itself for the usual reasons.  Now, depending on
NM-config-connectivity-fedora would introduce a NetworkManager
dependency.  Can anyone think of a problem with that?  I'm happy to
remove the NM-ccf -> NetworkManager dep...

Dan