Enable "Solarized" color schemes by default for Workstation

André Luz felixluz at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 18:34:35 UTC 2014

Solarize light and dark are very good color themes for terminal and text
editing, but as default? I don't know, it's not suitable for everyone.
There should be a quick way to change to them, that I agree, but not sure I
would set them as defaults.

On Wed, Jul 30, 2014 at 5:25 PM, Bill Nottingham <notting at splat.cc> wrote:

> Ryan Lerch (rlerch at redhat.com) said:
> > I recently blogged on the Fedora Magazine about the awesome addition of
> the
> > Solarized colour schemes in GEdit and GNOME-terminal in workstation [1].
> > And a commenter on that post asked the question: why not make it default?
> >
> > Since terminal ships with the dark GTK theme turned on, we could set the
> > default color scheme there to Solarized Dark, and for gedit (that uses
> the
> > light GTK theme by default), enable Solarized Light by default.
>
> So, I just tried this out in the terminal. I'm not sure I would support it
> as the default because Solarized's palette (at least in F-20) changes the
> actual colors such that a terminal app coded to display 'yellow' will get
> something that isn't.
>
> Bill
> --

André Filipe Lima da Luz
Aluno nº 65310 Instituto Superior Técnico