BtrFS in Workstation features

Josh Boyer jwboyer at fedoraproject.org
Thu Jul 31 14:24:28 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jul 31, 2014 at 10:11 AM, Matthew Garrett <mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org> wrote:
> Do we have any pending Workstation features that are preconditioned on
> btrfs being usable? My understanding is that there's now nobody at Red

Not for F21.  I don't think for F22 either.

IIRC, the snapshot functionality was the primary btrfs feature that
was in mind for Workstation to help with updates/rollbacks, etc.

> Hat working on the kernel code, so I'm a bit concerned that we could end
> up in a situation where features are blocked indefinitely waiting for an
> upstream with little interest in desktop functionality.

It's a tech preview in RHEL 7.  Someone at Red Hat is tasked with
maintenance but upstream development is a different matter.

josh