Should Firefox stay the default browser in Fedora Workstation?

Nikos Roussos comzeradd at fedoraproject.org
Fri Jun 6 17:09:38 UTC 2014

On Fri, 2014-06-06 at 18:52 +0300, Elad Alfassa wrote:

>   * On that note, geolocation doesn't work at all in Fedora's firefox
> at the moment

This happens because Google's geolocation service, that Firefox uses by
default, requires an API Key. If we (Fedora) acquire one from Google and
include it on our Firefox build geolocation will work just fine.

That's why Firefox geolocation works on Mozilla's linux builds or other
distributions (eg. Arch).

Alternatively we could use Mozilla's location service by default.