Should Firefox stay the default browser in Fedora Workstation?

Michael Catanzaro mcatanzaro at gnome.org
Fri Jun 6 17:16:22 UTC 2014

On Fri, 2014-06-06 at 12:31 -0400, Stephen Gallagher wrote:
> Ship with Epiphany as well as Firefox? Then we can have useful UI in
> the gnome-initial-setup perhaps that asks if you're using a
> touchscreen or detects hi-dpi and then advises you to change the
> default browser to Epiphany.

I do not think we should install two different browsers, or let the user
pick during install or initial-setup. This would not be a good user
experience.

We should pick one browser over the other after evaluating which comes
closest to meeting our requirements, even though one may not be entirely
superior to the other.