default filesystem

Josh Boyer jwboyer at fedoraproject.org
Sat Mar 1 02:31:56 UTC 2014

On Fri, Feb 28, 2014 at 9:22 PM, Rahul Sundaram <metherid at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>

> On Fri, Feb 28, 2014 at 8:05 PM, Josh Boyer wrote:
>>
>> Others have pointed out that the RHEL7 client uses XFS already.  I'm
>> of the opinion that ext4 vs. XFS is pretty comparable for most cases,
>> so I have no strong objections either way.
>

> I would say, for consistency,  Fedora needs to stick to Ext4 for now and
> switch to Btrfs when it is ready rather than go through a switch to XFS for

Yes, well.  As I outlined, some want consistency between products.
Some apparently want consistency with the past.  Some want consistency
in whatever way for test reasons.  The only thing consistent about all
of this is that everyone has a different definition of consistent.

> no real gain.  Why is the server team choosing to switch to XFS anyway?

I already explained the response I got in the email you replied to.
Beyond that, I guess we wait for the Server group to provide
rationale.

josh