hw requirements

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Sun Mar 2 17:30:51 UTC 2014

On Sun, Mar 02, 2014 at 10:31:28AM +0100, drago01 wrote:
> >> Its not like stuff will suddenly stop working if you have that
> >> resolution..
> > We can't be really sure that it will work well however if we don't actively
> > test it for each release
> We can. The worst that can happen is that some windows have a minimum
> size that does not fit on the screen.

Right, that's my only concern. I've used programs that made bad assumptions
about the available real estate before, and it can be frustrating. I know
how to use Super/Alt drag to move windows so I can get to missing bits, but
that's kind of a pain. So if we're making a certain minimum assumption
official, I think we should at least make sure 1024x768 on a secondary
display (that is, a projector for a presentation) won't have gotchas. I
wasn't meaning to make a bigger deal of it than that.