default filesystem

Josh Boyer jwboyer at fedoraproject.org
Mon Mar 3 15:08:54 UTC 2014

On Mon, Mar 3, 2014 at 10:05 AM, Michael Catanzaro <mcatanzaro at gnome.org> wrote:
> On Mon, 2014-03-03 at 09:18 -0500, Christian Schaller wrote:
>> On the other hand if Suse ships it then
>> we should at least be able to go to the limited feature version they
>> use at some point.
>
> I believe SUSE Linux Enterprise 12 (to be released this year) will
> default to btrfs, unless their plans have changed. This is confirmed at

They might have changed.  It was supposed to be default in OpenSUSE
13.1, but isn't.  It _is_ offered in reduced feature mode, as has been
discussed a few times on the list already.

We'll have to wait an see what OpenSUSE 13.2/SLES 12 do I guess, but
we aren't going to switch simply because they do.  Our situations are
somewhat different.

josh