KDE integration/status for Workstation

Josh Boyer jwboyer at fedoraproject.org
Wed Mar 5 00:59:59 UTC 2014

Hi All,

During the default DE discussions, a number of WG members expressed
interest in keeping KDE as a release blocking DE for Workstation.  QA
is now asking FESCo about KDE's status as well in
https://fedorahosted.org/fesco/ticket/1243

So if KDE is going to be a release blocking DE for Workstation, we
need to figure out how exactly it gets installed and what manner it
would be tested in.  In the above ticket I came up with the following:

install the Workstation live image, install KDE through
software-installer (if necessary), log into KDE from GDM after
install, test

However, that was entirely off the top of my head.  Would the live
image be large enough to contain the KDE Workstation already or would
a user/QA tester need to install it through the software-installer?
What tests should be done?  Etc.

Thoughts?

josh