arm support of workstation product

Matthew Garrett mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org
Fri Mar 7 19:49:14 UTC 2014

On Fri, Mar 07, 2014 at 02:43:10PM -0500, Josh Boyer wrote:

> I won't speak for the rest of the WG as a whole, but in the few
> conversations I've had with people ARM wasn't something most thought
> was a target for Workstation.  It might be feasible for interested
> people to produce Workstation ARM images, but I would be surprised if
> that were made a requirement at this point.

There's ARM hardware that is, at least theoretically, capable of running
Workstation and has the kind of form factor for which Workstation is
probably the appropriate product. As long as the ARM team are willing to
take responsibility for ensuring drivers and install media work, and as
long as there's someone doing QA, it seems like something we should
support in an official sense.

Matthew Garrett | mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org